Reporting to the Director, Health Research Operations, the Program Manager, Health Research Operations will act as an interface between the Vector Health team and researchers, clinicians, and other partners, and will ensure the coordination and implementation of Vector Health projects and operational plans.
- Planning and program management of Health Research Operations portfolio initiatives:
- Health project management: project plan creation, engagement with project stakeholders, identifying and managing project risks, and milestone tracking;
- Implementing improved structures and processes for Health contracts/agreements;
- Create and implement a document management system to organize and make available core documents; and
- Implement a framework for how the Health workstream engages with its faculty, affiliates, and their trainees to support coordinated implementation of its strategic objectives.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for key objectives, milestones, and deliverables for all projects, and generate reports on performance against targets for senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Provide project management leadership for Vector-led health events with support from the event manager and other members of the Vector team;
- Act as a bridge between the Health and Communication teams by relaying information to ensure that health-related engagement and activities are transparent from a communications perspective;
- Health portfolio meeting planning and management (agendas, minutes, tracking);
- Working closely with the team, enhance and maintain a shared drive for all health-related files, and act as the point of contact for the team to retrieve documents;
- Oversee the Health page on Vector’s internal web portal for staff, researchers, and students to conveniently locate resources;
- Keep a record of Vector’s support and participation in research projects and initiatives to capture Vector’s contribution to AI in health; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector achieves its goals for its health stakeholder relationships.
- The Vector Health team achieves its goals and objectives.
- Internal and external stakeholder feedback is such that the Vector Health team provides high-quality service and support through effective working relationships.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree in a business, health, technical, or related field; PMP or PMI certification preferred.
- Experience managing projects (scoping, planning, implementation, monitoring, and project closure).
- Experience with projects that involve researchers and/or clinicians is considered an asset.
- Adept at working with multidisciplinary stakeholders, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business, health, and technology ecosystem.
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to health AI.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Generalist, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin October 25, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.