Reporting to the Executive Director of Applied AI Programs, the Director of Professional Development will be responsible for the development, implementation, and continual improvement of new and existing professional development programs for technical and non-technical audiences, including Vector Sponsors and other stakeholders, on the topic of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and continual improvement of existing professional development (PD) programs for technical and non-technical audiences from sponsors and other stakeholders on the topic of artificial intelligence and machine learning, such as:
- Endless Summer School (ESS);
- AI Insights;
- AI Certificate Program for Industry; and,
- Introduction to AI aimed at subject matter experts, open to the public and delivered through research innovation centres.
- Determine the viability, and oversee the development, implementation, and continual improvement of new PD programs for technical and non-technical audiences including sponsors and other stakeholders on the topic of artificial intelligence and machine learning, such as:
- Custom workshops for sponsors;
- New courses for the Certificate Program; and,
- New public workshops.
- Work closely with Directors of Industry Innovation to develop a PD strategy that supports the objectives of the organization, including programming and distribution.
- Work closely with Directors of Industry Innovation, Members of AI Technical Staff, Project Managers, and Industry Sponsors to set goals and define appropriate content, delivery, and distribution for individual programs that support an integrated programming strategy.
- Work closely with Directors of Industry Innovation, Members of AI Technical Staff and the Communications & Engagement teams to develop materials to support marketing of and recruiting for PD programs.
- Plan and operationalize each program from start to completion including, but not limited to:
- Writing business plan for new programs;
- Developing the agenda;
- Developing budgets and operations;
- Recruiting instructors/speakers; and,
- Establishing milestones and deadlines.
- Lead the development of the required business cases, terms, agreements, and project plans necessary to implement the professional development program and ensure corporate accountability.
- Develop performance metrics, and maintain ongoing progress reports, to measure achievement of the professional development program and prepare reporting, as required, for Vector’s senior management team and Board of Directors.
- Other related duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have, at minimum, a graduate degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, statistics, mathematics or another relevant field.
- You have a degree in Education or are a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), or equivalent experience.
- You have experience developing a program from the ground up, including metrics and annual review processes.
- You have a combination of domain expertise in machine learning and deep learning and practical experience in designing, planning, and delivering on professional development courses and programs using innovative pedagogical methods for technical and non-technical audiences, including the creation of educational tools.
- You have experience facilitating workshops for diverse audiences.
- You are comfortable working with a diverse range of clients (e.g., leadership teams, operations staff, graduate students, and external partners), maintaining confidentiality and providing all with a trusted, respectful point of contact.
- You can turn conceptual ideas into tangible operational plans with key milestones and deliverables.
- You have excellent organizational and management skills and are committed to forging relationships that will advance AI education and related activities.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, and bring a positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin September 21, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.