For your application to be considered, please submit your application through our website at - https://vectorinstitute.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77
Reporting to the Systems Operations Manager, the Junior Technical Business Analyst will provide research and analytical support for various technology, operations, and corporate projects at Vector. In this role, you will engage with all of Vector’s work streams to ensure the successful storage, management, and access to data to advance organizational initiatives.
- Conduct research and analysis for various initiatives pertaining to business operations, I&IT technology deployment, and infrastructure;
- Develop visualizations and reports to inform decision-making by the President & CEO and Scientific Computing team;
- Participate on various committees and projects for policy and operational initiatives including the Technical Computing Advisory Committee;
- Continue to administer the existing SQL database to support operational initiatives including access requests, writing queries, and troubleshooting;
- Work with a variety of work streams to understand their data needs and recommend solutions for storing, managing, and accessing data for non-technical staff;
- Monitor and track internal database information requests to ensure data privacy in compliance with Vector’s policies and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL);
- Assist and support the development of business cases, analysis, and briefing materials to support organizational decision-making;
- Provide technical support to the Professional Development team on Brightspace and Classroom learning development platforms including uploading class materials and setting up course infrastructure;
- Develop and maintain programming scripts and dashboards to support operational initiatives in collaboration with the Office Services, Scientific Computing, Academic Partnerships, and Industry Innovation teams;
- Support liaison, interface, and procurement activities with external consultants and vendors;
- Assist the Scientific Computing team with cloud platform administrative requests and tasks;
- Manage Vector’s GitHub account including the creation of repositories and user accounts; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
Profile of the Ideal Candidate
- You have a university or college degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or another relevant field
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a technical or business analyst role in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization where you are frequently called on to resolve multiple problems in a timely manner, sometimes without formal procedures
- You are proficient with Excel including but not limited to formulas (e.g., INDEX MATCH, SUMIFS) & pivot tables
- You have knowledge of basic relational database concepts (e.g., indexes, normalization), SQL (e.g., subqueries), and MySQL; familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Google Cloud SQL considered an asset
- You have demonstrated skill and experience in data manipulation, management, and analysis
- You have experience working with Tableau, Google Data Studio or an equivalent data visualization tool
- You have an eagerness to learn about relevant technologies such as GPUs, workload management system (e.g., Slurm), and cloud computing
- You are comfortable working with a diverse range of clients (e.g., leadership teams, operations staff, graduate students, and external partners), maintaining confidentiality and providing all with a trusted, respectful point of contact
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, and bring a positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture
- You are motivated by continuous learning and the opportunity to make a difference and a real contribution to the AI ecosystem
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is April 12, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.