PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are an experienced project manager, strategist, and relationship manager. You are an innovator and a generator of creative and thoughtful business solutions. You are endlessly curious and strive to make a meaningful impact on all projects you undertake. You are a team player with the ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, and problem solving. You want to participate in the building of strong and value-enhancing relationships and communications with sponsors, health partners, and the broader AI ecosystem looking to engage with Vector.
Reporting to the Chief Commercialization Officer & VP, Industry Innovation, and working alongside the VP, Health Strategy Partnerships, the Project Manager (Health) will act as an interface between external sponsors and health partners and internal Vector research activities to ensure the coordination and delivery of one or more Vector health projects.
- Engage with Vector Sponsors and health partners to propose health AI projects based on specific technical themes, recruit and coordinate project participants, and develop complete project plans;
- Work with Vector’s health team members, technical staff, and Vector Industry Sponsors to assess the feasibility of potential projects
- Work closely with project participants to define project milestones, success measures, risks and mitigation measures;
- Develop use cases and pilot projects in collaboration with Vector Sponsors and facilitate the development of new algorithms and methodologies;
- Develop processes and methods to share knowledge among project participants
- Capture project success stories that can be used for public relations;
- Prepare reporting as required for Sponsors, Vector’s senior management & the Vector Board of Directors; and
- Provide support and insight regarding Sponsors to Industry Innovation and Health teams as required.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector achieves its goals for its industry sponsor relationships
- Industry sponsorship growth and retention goals are met
- Industry sponsor feedback via informal and formal feedback mechanisms validates that Vector is providing appropriate services and support through effective working relationships
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years experience managing projects including project scoping, planning, implementation, monitoring and control and project closure; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Experience on projects that involve sensitive or regulated data, ideally health data, is strongly preferred
- Broader R&D and/or health sector experience is considered an asset
- Adept at building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem
- Understands the basic roles of the various organizations including innovative Ontario organizations, (i.e. MEDJCT, MaRS) and key health sector organizations and their programmes in support of innovation, research, and start-ups
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and are motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to AI
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint Google drive and applications)
Please submit all materials using the link provided, addressed to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist. Review of applications will begin November 19, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.