Reporting to the Office Services Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support for the daily operations and events at Vector, as well as supporting the expansion of services and amenities available to the faculty, students, and staff members.
- Tracks and maintains inventory of office, cleaning, and kitchen supplies
- Works with suppliers to ensure timely machine maintenance for office equipment (e.g., AV systems, printing systems, etc.)
- Accepts deliveries, coordinates shipping, and manages mail pickup and distribution
- Liaises with building’s Tenant Services to ensure regular maintenance and that any additional cleaning or work is completed on time and to tenant satisfaction
- Assists with financial tracking within the Office Services team and works with Finance team to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
Event Setup and Logistics Support
- Assists Office Services team to ensure rooms are set up appropriately for events, including configuration of multi-purpose rooms, catering, and AV setup
- Assists Events Manager with setup and running of onsite events, including academic talks and events, industry-oriented presentations, and community-building social events
- Facilitates conflict-free use of the space by working with students, faculty, and staff to schedule and manage room booking calendars and other systems
- Performs daily tidy of kitchen areas, including maintaining coffee machines and running the dishwashers
- Acts as a resource for staff, faculty, and students for AV troubleshooting, room booking, and meeting setup as needed
- Monitors and responds to requests for support and supplies in a timely manner, and processes approved requests according to established processes
- Assists in collection and processing of data related to desk and space usage
- Assists the Office Services Manager with regular reviews of the office environment, enforcing policies and expectations relating to the space
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as determined by the Office Services Manager
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A college diploma or university degree in a related field
- You are currently in, or have previously been in, a Facilities Coordinator or similar role and are comfortable in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization where you are frequently called upon to manage issues in a timely manner with little formal procedure
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and the Google Suite of services
- You have exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- You are highly organized and can bring order to sometimes-chaotic situations, are adept at prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources and handling matters expeditiously, and follow projects through to successful completion, often with conflicting and undefined deadlines
- You are a creative problem solver with a keen attention to detail and the ability to actively manage and minimize issues before they arise
- You enjoy working alongside of and collaborating with with a variety of people from diverse personal and professional backgrounds who are entrepreneurially-minded, mission driven, results oriented, and laser focused
- You strive to create and support a respectful, friendly, fun, and safe environment for staff and researchers alike
- You have a positive attitude, integrity, great character, a sense of humour, and bring positive energy and outlook to a corporate culture
Please submit all materials using the link provided, addressed to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist. Review of applications will begin December 2, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.