Reporting to the Chief Commercialization Officer & Vice President, Industry Innovation, the Director of Sponsor Development will play a leadership role in identifying specific sponsorship opportunities, generating quality leads, and providing superior sponsor services. You will be responsible for building and nurturing relationships in order to maximize sponsorship opportunities within the Canadian AI ecosystem.
- Develop and execute targeted plans and strategies to proactively generate leads and accelerate Vector sponsorship opportunities;
- Build and sustain credible, long-lasting relationships with Vector sponsors, industry associations, public sector organizations, and other stakeholders to enhance lead generation and sponsor servicing;
- Identify, evaluate, and implement tools, processes and initiatives related to aspects, such as information sharing, lead generation, content development, partnerships and the coordination of external outreach, in an effort to improve organizational efficiencies and enhance the organization’s ability to identify and attract sponsors;
- Ensure the collection, sharing, and management of information about companies and organizations that the Industry Innovation team interacts with, including their expectations and needs, are accessible to other members of the Vector team;
- Develop and maintain ongoing progress reports to measure achievement of sponsorship goals and refine and reinforce strategies in a timely, proactive manner;
- Regularly review processes and approaches to improve lead generation and sponsor experiences ensuring improvements are actioned; and,
- Engage in the Canadian AI ecosystem to help position Vector as a critical element in leading and facilitating economic growth and social impact by participating in business and community events and marketing and presenting at conferences, seminars, and workshops as a spokesperson for Vector.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree
- Has a minimum of 5-7 years of experience related industry is desired in economic development and investment attraction; international experience is preferred
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills and emotional intelligence; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem
- Understands the basic roles of the various organizations, including innovative Ontario organizations, (i.e., Ministry of Job Creation, Economic Development, and Trade and the Ontario Centres of Excellence), federal organizations (i.e., Global Affairs Canada, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada), and local institutions and organizations (Toronto Global, MaRS, and local universities) and other key sector participants (including ICT, financial services, and manufacturing), and their programmes in support of innovation, research, and start-ups
- An appreciation and understanding of global economic trends
- Experience in government or non-profits is considered an asset
- Deep interest and understanding of Ontario economies, and the opportunities to attract both domestic and foreign sponsors
- Ability to independently format and create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established organizational guidelines with high organizational skill
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture
Please submit all materials using the link provided, addressed to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist. Review of applications will begin October 17, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.