PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are an experienced project manager, strategist, and relationship manager. You are an innovator and a generator of creative and thoughtful business solutions. You are endlessly curious and strive to make a meaningful impact on all projects you undertake. You are a team player with the ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, and problem solving. You want to participate in the building of strong and value-enhancing relationships and communications with sponsors and the broader AI ecosystem looking to engage with Vector.
Reporting to the Chief Commercialization Officer & VP, Industry Innovation, the Project Manager will act as an interface between external industry sponsors and internal Vector research activities and ensure the coordination and delivery of Vector industry projects that meet the direct needs of industry sponsors ranging from large multi-nationals to small start-ups. You will be responsible for all project management functions including monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress, coordinating the development discussion and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
Job classification commensurate with experience (i.e. junior, senior).
- Engage with Vector Sponsors to propose AI projects based on specific technical themes, recruit and coordinate project participants, and develop complete project plans;
- Work closely with project participants to define project milestones, success measures, risks and mitigation measures;
- Develop use cases and pilot projects in collaboration with Vector Sponsors and facilitate the development of new algorithms and methodologies;
- Capture project success stories that can be used for public relations;
- Prepare reporting as required for Sponsors, Vector’s senior management & its Board of Directors; and
- Provide support and insight regarding Sponsors to Industry Innovation team as required.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector achieves its goals for its industry sponsor relationships
- Industry sponsorship growth and retention goals are met
- Industry sponsor feedback via informal and formal feedback mechanisms validates that Vector is providing appropriate services and support through effective working relationships
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field; PMP or PMI certification preferred
- Currently in, or has previously been in, a role where research organizations and the academic community have been actively engaged for the full successful implementation of medium-large size projects for a minimum period of five years (or two or more years in a management consulting firm)
- Adept at building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem
- Understands the basic roles of the various organizations including innovative Ontario organizations, (i.e. MRIS, OCE, MaRS) and key financial sector players, (i.e. OSFI, FINTRAC, CBA) and their programmes in support of innovation, research, and start-ups
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and are motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to AI
Please address applications to Kailyn Burke, Assistant Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.