PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are creative, industrious, task oriented and have significant leadership experience in an academic setting. You find solutions, mobilize resources and manage teams to develop and implement strategies and programs in support of advancing the RAISE AI initiative and building a strong AI community.
In this key role you will be a direct public-facing contact with external stakeholders including senior leaders at universities, government ministries, industry and health partners, and agencies, and be an important champion of Vector’s RAISE portfolio and provide oversight of the operations of the academic partnerships portfolio.
Reporting to the Head, Academic Partnerships of the Vector Institute, you direct, develop, and administer the following functions and activities under the academic partnerships umbrella:
- Oversight and responsibility for the day-to-day operations and functions of the academic partnership portfolio.
- Develop and draft business cases as may be required for projects and initiatives.
- Oversee all aspects of the Vector Scholarship in AI program including processes that support programs in recruiting top talent.
- Chair the Program Review Panel for recognizing AI-related master’s programs that meet the essential requirements.
- Develop and manage a process to ensure periodic updates of the essential requirements for core AI technology and complementary AI competencies and skills.
- Design & implement processes to collect necessary data and information from stakeholder groups as is required to monitor program success and achievement of goals.
- Provide periodic updates and reports on performance metrics and indicators.
- In collaboration with the Health Strategy and Partnerships and the Industry Innovation groups, nurture the development and expansion of networks to promote talent development and placement.
- Effectively manage assigned staff in fulfillment of the Academic Partnership mandate.
- Take on additional relevant responsibilities as agreed to with the Head, Academic Partnerships.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Increase the AI workforce via talent placement (internships and employment of AI master’s graduates).
- Engagement of Ontario Universities in the formation of master’s trained AI talent in core-technology and complementary AI-related disciplines and growth in the number of accredited programmes offered
- Achieve or surpass the target of 1000 AI master’s graduates per year
- Strong community engagement amongst AI-students, graduates, researchers, organizations and faculty as evidenced by number of events, participation and impact
- Progressive improvement on key performance indicators
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have a university graduate degree
- You have significant administrative and academic leadership experience in an Ontario University with demonstrated familiarity with the graduate education landscape in Ontario
- You have strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- You are a strategic thinker and action-oriented with demonstrated analytical skills
- You have excellent organizational and management skills and are committed to forging relationships that will advance AI education and related activities
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, and bring a positive energy and outlook to an evolving portfolio
- You are committed to the achievement and the advancement of Vector’s goals
- You have a track record of bringing ideas to life and engaging others to realize goals and meet objectives
Please address applications to Kailyn Burke, Assistant Talent Specialist. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
At the Vector Institute, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.