The Vector Institute is seeking a Academic Partnerships Coordinator to join our growing team in Toronto.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are creative, industrious, resourceful, detail oriented and adaptable. You are outcome focused. You are able to both work independently and build teams to develop and implement strategies in support of building a strong AI community.
Reporting to the Head of Academic Partnerships, you will be a direct public-facing contact with many external academic stakeholders including researchers, universities, government ministries and agencies, and provincial and national research funders and be an important contributor to the implementation of Vector’s education portfolio.
In this role, you will develop, administer and coordinate specific functions under the academic partnership umbrella including:
- Scholarship and award competition;
- Program evaluation and monitoring against established criteria, and the generation of reports for different audiences;
- Lead initiatives to build community among stakeholder groups (universities, graduate students, industry);
- Development and implementation of processes to track outcomes (e.g. post-graduate employment); and,
- Administrative tasks including correspondence, organizing events, building networks of people.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Support provided by the project coordinator enables the expansion of activities related to the education portfolio
- Processes in place to manage key activities (scholarships, internships, tracking outcomes)
- Establishment of networks of scholars, alumni and AI community
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You have a university degree
- You have experience working in the university environment
- You have proven ability in project coordination and report writing
- You have strong communication (written and verbal)
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills
- You have demonstrated analytical and interpretive skills
- You have great organizational skills and understanding of administrative operations to establish efficient and effective processes and form relationships with stakeholders
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, and bring a positive energy and outlook to an evolving portfolio
- You are committed to achievement and the advancement of Vector’s goals, working as a team member and contributing to building the AI ecosystem
- Experience with WordPress or tech savviness an asset
Please address applications to Kailyn Burke, Assistant Talent Specialist by Monday, January 21, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
At the Vector Institute, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kailyn Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.