The Vector Institute is seeking a Partnerships Coordinator to join our growing team in Toronto.
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are a prioritizing master, a strategist, and a relationship manager. You are endlessly curious, tech savvy, and strive to make a meaningful impact on all projects that you undertake. You are an innovator and a generator of creative and thoughtful business solutions. You are eager to work alongside a group of movers and shakers in the dynamic world of AI.
Reporting to the Office Services Manager, in this key support role you will provide administrative, scheduling and client relationship management support for Vector’s Industry, Health and Education teams. You will be in email contact with many external stakeholders including companies, government ministries and agencies, universities, research institutes and provincial and national research funders, and be an important contributor to the implementation of Vector’s strategies. You will support the smooth daily operations of the offices and ensure that external partners and guests are made to feel welcome and comfortable during their visit to the space, and provide organizational and executive support for events designed for external partners and stakeholders.
SELECT KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Industry, Health and Education teams with scheduling meetings and collating materials, with a focus on meetings with external stakeholders
- Track all meetings with external stakeholders using Vector’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, entering the meeting date, title, agenda (where available) and any additional information that is provided in writing by members of the Industry, Health and Education teams
- Maintain email distribution lists related to Industry, Health and Education
- Perform other administrative and business functions, as required, which may involve providing support to other members of Vector’s leadership and corporate projects led by the Vector Institute
- Track and provide metrics related to meetings and contacts (e.g., number of meetings held) for reporting purposes
- Set up onsite facilities and catering for meetings with external partners and guests
- Additional responsibilities and tasks assigned by the Office Services Manager, as required
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Good processes are established and maintained for scheduling meetings and keeping Vector’s CRM system up-to-date
- Support provided by the Partnerships Coordinator frees up the time of the of Industry, Health and Education staff to do other work
- The Partnerships Coordinator contributes to the Vector team environment and the Institute’s vision and mission
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have a university or college degree
- You are either currently in, or have previously been in, an administrative role in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization where you are frequently called on to resolve multiple problems in a timely manner, sometimes without formal procedures
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, Customer Relationship Management software (e.g., Insightly), and the Google Suite of services
- You are technically savvy and can master new software easily
- You are interested in experimenting with AI-based applications, to learn how they can increase the efficiency of Vector’s administrative processes
- You are creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are comfortable working with a diverse range of clients (e.g., leadership teams, operations staff, graduate students, and external partners), maintaining confidentiality and providing all with a trusted, respectful point of contact
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, and bring a positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture
- You are motivated by continuous learning and the opportunity to make a difference and a real contribution to the AI ecosystem
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit an application addressed to Kailyn Burke, Assistant Talent Specialist using the link provided. Applicants may be asked to provide 2 professional writing samples for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
At the Vector Institute, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment process, please contact Kailyn Burke at email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.