The Vector Institute is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team in Toronto.
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
You are an experienced project manager, marketer, strategist, and relationship manager. You are an innovator and a generator of creative and thoughtful business solutions. You are endlessly curious and strive to make a meaningful impact on all projects you undertake. You are a team player with the ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation, and problem solving. You want to participate in the building of strong and value-enhancing relationships and communications with sponsors and the broader AI ecosystem looking to engage with Vector.
Reporting to the Chief Commercialization Officer & VP, Industry Innovation, the Project Manager will act as an interface between external industry sponsors and internal Vector research activities and ensure the coordination and delivery of Vector industry projects that meet the direct needs of industry sponsors ranging from large multi-nationals to small start-ups. You will be responsible for all project management functions including monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress, coordinating the development discussion and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Engage with Vector Sponsors to propose AI projects based on specific technical themes, recruit and coordinate project participants, and develop complete project plans.
- Work closely with project participants to define project milestones, success measures, risks and mitigation measures.
- Develop use cases and pilot projects in collaboration with Vector Sponsors and facilitate the development of new algorithms and methodologies.
- Capture project success stories that can be used for public relations.
- Prepare reporting as required for Sponsors, Vector’s senior management & its Board of Directors.
- Provide support and insight regarding Sponsors to Industry Innovation team as required.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Facilitation of the creation of new algorithms and methodologies
- Industry sponsor feedback via informal and formal feedback mechanisms validates that Vector is providing appropriate services and support through effective working relationships.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field; PMP or PMI certification preferred.
- Has successfully managed and completed projects with high degrees of ambiguity due to both the pathway of experimentation to arrive at solutions and the intangible nature of software development.
- Currently in, or has previously been in, a role where research organizations and the academic community have been actively engaged for the full successful implementation of medium-large size projects for a period of five or more years.
- Adept at building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem.
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and are motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to AI.
Please address applications to Kailyn Burke, Assistant Talent Specialist.