The Vector Institute is seeking a Program Coordinator, Research Operations and Academic Partnerships to join our growing team in Toronto. Reporting to the Director, Research Operations, the Program Coordinator is a key contributor to the daily operations and administration of programming that links with external stakeholders such as university partners and industry sponsors, to support and enhance the Vector research community. Energetic, with a high attention to detail, the program coordinator helps deliver a cross-section of activities and events. If you are meticulously organized, have strong data management and customer services skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with opportunities for growth, this is the role for you.
- Work closely with the Research Operations & Academic Partnerships team to support the day-to-day activities of research operations, academic partnerships, AI workforce development and talent initiatives.
- Perform various coordination tasks e.g., scheduling meetings, supporting committee work, taking minutes, following up on action items to ensure their completion.
- Handle inquiries from a cross-section of students, researchers, and employers.
- Assist in the coordination of a broad cross-section of events serving the researcher, and broader student population, including recruitment-oriented internal and external-facing events, professional development initiatives, etc.
- Provides administrative support for programming related to researcher funding and the tracking of performance metrics throughout the year.
- Perform tasks to support data collection and presentation, including building forms and surveys, supporting databases, visualizing data (i.e., charts and graphs) for various audiences and reporting requirements.
- Ensure supporting documentation is up to date and records retention schedules adhered to. Provides constructive feedback to improve processes and strengthen workflows.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are passionate about growing Canada’s global leadership in AI research.
- You are highly organized, with strong time management and multi-tasking skills and are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with different stakeholders, including professional staff, students, and alumni, as well as academics and industry professionals.
- You are action oriented and have a demonstrated ability to take direction and turn it into actionable results.
- You are creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, are tactful, and bring positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You possess a high level of proficiency with GSuite or the Microsoft Suite of applications, Excel or Gsheets in particular (with an emphasis on data manipulation and visualization skills).
- You have a keen eye for detail and are perform repetitive data intensive tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Having proficiency with the following applications is a plus: relational databases (e.g., MS Access, SQL) and data visualization software (e.g., Google Data Studio, Power BI).
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is September 18, 2022.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.