The Vector Research Operations & Academic Partnerships team is seeking a dynamic and action-oriented individual in the role of Research Officer, to execute and deliver on key student funding and other core research operations initiatives.
- Manage the administration of a Research Grant Program for a growing research community.
- Work with Faculty members and institutional partners to manage the administration of Purchase Orders for New Graduate Student Funding, and any other contractual arrangements.
- Assist with the development of project plans, workflows, and process optimization
- Support corporate reporting requirements such as the annual report, risk reporting, institutional reporting, travel memos, and expense claims.
- Build and maintain a comprehensive section on the Vector Intranet and Vector wiki for Faculty Members, Postdoctoral Fellows, and graduate students to be able to access institutional information.
- Manage computing requests for the scientific computing deadline queue.
- Track and pull statistics on conference acceptances.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Why you should apply:
- You are passionate about growing Canada’s global leadership in AI research;
- You are highly organized and motivated to work with diverse perspectives and ideas to foster a creative and collaborative research environment for world-class AI researchers;
- You believe good ideas are important, but execution is key, and you hold yourself accountable for delivering results;
- You are curious and eager to challenge your comfort zone on an ongoing basis;
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in a solutions-oriented environment.
- Prompt and thoughtful actions support research operations and business requirements at Vector;
- Smooth running processes and tracking for funding arrangements and program delivery
- Strong relationships developed with institutional contacts
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate is hard working with great attention to detail and customer service. A strong project management skill set is vital to success in this position. In addition:
- You are outgoing and derive a high degree of satisfaction connecting with students and other stakeholders and strengthening a sense of community.
- You have experience in student funding or other transferable experience.
- You have a high attention to detail.
- You have strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a team environment (e.g., graduate students, Faculty members, leadership teams, operations staff, graduate students, institutional partners), maintaining confidentiality and providing all with a trusted, respectful point of contact.
- You are creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, are tactful, and bring positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You have strong Excel skills and are comfortable picking up and learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with GSuite or the Microsoft Suite of applications, Adobe Acrobat DC, Github, Concur and SAP.
- Experience with reporting in SalesForce is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is August 8, 2022.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.