As an Applied ML Specialist, you will contribute to developing reusable software to apply and scale research breakthroughs in machine learning and AI. You will collaborate with some of the best and brightest ML engineers and data scientists at Vector and leading industry and healthcare organizations. You will also collaborate with some of the best and brightest machine learning researchers.
- Deliver software and models for AI development projects following an agile methodology with teams that can include Vector Applied ML specialists, Applied ML scientists, professional staff, researchers, students and sponsors
- Design and develop reference applications and model templates that apply AI research to real-world problems using public and private data sets, providing software for training, testing, operating and updating models
- Design, develop and contribute to open-source software that applying AI research techniques to common problems
- Mentor sponsor engineers and student researchers on industry collaboration projects that apply AI research to shared problems, mentoring on engineering best practices, and assisting with operational issues
- Develop prototypes and proofs of concept
- Report and present software development outcomes for team efforts including demos, status and results
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or related discipline;
- Experience applying machine learning research to novel problems and data sets
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning and/or statistics
- Demonstrated data engineering background working with messy real-world data
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify signal in data and feasibility of prediction
- Knowledge and experience of Python and preferably C/C++ and C#
- Software engineering background with experience in production deployment is preferred
- Experience working on teams that land high quality software successfully in production is preferred
- Experience with parameter and architecture tuning of deep learning algorithms is preferred
- Experience in leading open source deep learning software frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, and CUDA) is preferred
- User interaction/design expertise with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) engineering considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Sameera Ali, Talent Acquisition Specialist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is May 23, 2022.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.