The Vector Institute is seeking a Program Coordinator, Academic Partnerships to join our growing team in Toronto. Reporting to the Director, Academic Partnerships, the Program Coordinator, Academic Partnerships is a key contributor to the team’s targeted initiatives to develop future generations of top AI talent. In this dynamic role, you will develop and streamline processes and perform administrative and business functions to support the Academic Partnerships team members and programs.
Contract (12 months)
- Provide administrative support for the Academic Partnerships Team, including performing various coordination tasks e.g., maintaining various contact lists, supporting committee work, and handling inquiries.
- Help coordinate the Vector Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence adjudication process and fund disbursements to universities by maintaining meticulous records and systems.
- Coordinate and maintain various communications and mailing lists for all academic stakeholders including AI master’s students and alumni, academic programs, and undergraduate students.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external-facing events targeting AI master’s students and alumni, including data cleaning, stakeholder tracking and follow up, etc.
- Support the outreach to student groups to promote Vector’s mandate and initiatives and build a strong talent pipeline in AI.
- Ensure the seamless collection of student data, maintaining its accuracy to track employment outcomes post-graduation and measure impact of Vector’s initiatives on workforce development.
- Perform tasks to support data collection and presentation, including building forms and surveys, maintaining databases, visualizing data (i.e., charts and graphs) for various audiences and reporting requirements, supporting documentation and records retention.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on processes and workflows.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are highly organized, with strong time management and multitasking skills, and are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with different stakeholders, including professional staff, students and alumni, as well as academics.
- You are action oriented and have a demonstrated ability to take direction and turn it into actionable results.
- You have demonstrated experience with small and large event planning.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You possess a high level of proficiency with GSuite or the Microsoft Suite of applications, Excel in particular (with an emphasis on data manipulation and visualization skills), Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Canva, WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and Zapier.
- You have a keen eye for detail, design and data presentation (i.e., charts and graphs).
- You are creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humor, are tactful, and bring positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
- You are passionate about growing Canada’s global leadership in AI research.
HOW TO APPLY
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Julie Semak, Manager of Human Resources, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin January 26, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.