As an Applied ML Specialist with Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) expertise, you will contribute to developing reusable machine learning (ML) systems and software to apply and scale research breakthroughs in ML and artificial intelligence (AI). You will collaborate with some of the best and brightest ML engineers and scientists at Vector and leading industry and healthcare organizations. You will collaborate with some of the best and brightest ML researchers.
- Design and develop reproducible ML pipelines and scalable ML systems;
- Deliver software and models for ML development projects following an agile methodology with teams that can include Vector Applied ML Specialists, Applied ML Scientists, professional staff, researchers, students, and sponsors;
- Design and implement reference architectures for ML systems for training as well serving workloads that apply ML research to real-world problems using public and private datasets;
- Design, develop and contribute to open-source software that applies ML research techniques to common problems;
- Research and extend open source MLOps tools and frameworks that address the full life cycle of end-to-end machine learning systems;
- Mentor sponsor engineers and student researchers on industry collaboration projects that apply ML research to shared problems, mentoring on engineering best practices, and assisting with operational issues;
- Develop prototypes and proofs of concept;
- Report and present MLOps best practices and outcomes for team efforts including demos, status, and results; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- 1+ years experience in MLOps
- Experience applying building ML systems for training and inference
- Good understanding of CI/CD/CT as it relates to machine learning lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning and/or statistics
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify signal in data and feasibility of prediction
- Expert Knowledge and experience with Python for ML and DevOps. Experience with C++, Java or Scala is preferred
- Experience working on teams that land high quality software successfully in production is preferred
- Experience with MLflow, Airflow, Seldon core and Kubernetes is preferred
- Understanding of model maintenance, retraining and evaluation frameworks is a plus
- Experience in leading open-source deep learning software frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, and CUDA) is preferred
- User interaction/design expertise with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) engineering considered an asset
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Business Partner, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin on October 31, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.