Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Manager, Marketing will develop and execute the strategic marketing plan for Vector, using a data driven approach to grow the Vector brand and achieve long-term strategic objectives. This will include but is not limited to development of; thought leadership, content strategy and collateral, digital marketing programs, partnership and co-marketing programs, and primary and secondary competitive research.
Additionally, you will oversee the Marketing Analytics function and work closely with our communications and events team members to ensure our marketing plans are aligned and executed with a view to achieving Vector’s overall business objectives.
We’re looking for someone who thinks out of the box, who can design innovative marketing and content programs that tell great stories, bring Vector’s offerings to life while achieving measurable results for the enterprise as well as specific goals from key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Working with the Director, Marketing and Communications, as well as, senior leadership team, develop, implement, and lead Vector’s annual marketing strategy;
- Lead and conduct a comprehensive annual review of marketing needs, to inform the annual marketing plan;
- Manage a growing team, currently one direct report (Digital Marketing & Analytics Specialist), you will lead the development and expansion of our marketing function, working with various stakeholders to develop value added marketing programs
- Using performance and growth marketing principles, establish and lead the development of processes, data collection, metrics, analytics and actionable insights to continuously improve the effectiveness of Vector marketing, events and communications initiatives;
- In collaboration with internal program leads and workstreams; develop, execute, and optimize project-specific marketing plans, including capturing data to measure and evaluate outcomes for continuous improvement;
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and gather stakeholder insights, present recommendations, and coordinate effective action plans to help Vector’s teams improve their offerings, positioning, and value propositions;
- Map and track Vector’s participant/customer journeys and develop content strategies to maximize conversion rates for Vector’s diverse programs;
- Develop content strategies while working closely with the communications team to integrate the current editorial calendar with our marketing and web content pipeline - providing clear and effective communication of project requirements across stakeholders and functions (editorial, paid media, social media, email, etc).
- Identify content-driven opportunities to boost SEO performance and work with our Marketing Analyst and agency partners to implement recommendations
- Oversee and lead all aspects of digital marketing, included but not limited to; website maintenance/development, social media channels and digital advertising
- Develop channel strategies and identifying potential partnerships to optimize paid content distribution, maximizing reach and impact
- Oversee the strategy, production and discoverability of video content on Youtube and other emerging channels
- Manage a rich content calendar that supports a regular cadence of various types of content (e.g. interactive tools, blog posts, ebooks, video series, infographics, product guides) that are aligned to Vector’s audience and stakeholder’s journey
- Develop briefs and scopes of work to derive maximum value from external agency resources;
- Develop key messages and value propositions as new segments, initiatives, and offerings emerge;
- Champion and steward the Vector Institute brand ensuring high quality and consistent messaging and branding across all channels and materials for all audiences
- Collaborate strategically with leading organizations in Canada’s AI ecosystem (e.g., industry sponsors, universities, government investment offices) to reach target audiences and strengthen partnerships; and,
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Progress towards Vector’s strategic objectives (i.e., as they relate to Industry Innovation, Research Operations, Health, Academic Partnerships, AI Engineering) is enhanced by the development and implementation of marketing strategies;
- Measurable increases in brand awareness, consideration, and program participation across all key segments (i.e., sponsors, talent/alumni, government);
- Measurable increase in reach and frequency of communication to target segments (e.g., via growth in email marketing lists);
- Increased frequency of success and impact stories, testimonials, and value proposition reaching and resonating with target audiences including executive decision-makers;
- Increase in co-branded content shared on partner channels; and,
- Internal feedback indicates that the marketing function provides high-quality service and support.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated marketing communications campaign programs designed to drive business results (e.g., customer acquisition, revenue growth) and generating brand awareness, consideration, and leads.
- Previous experience managing and coaching high-performing teams.
- Experience developing plans, building processes, and using analytics to execute successful marketing strategies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience managing digital marketing in compliance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation and privacy legislation.
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that are aligned to business strategy and sales
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written French would be an asset but not required
- Strong critical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently on several projects concurrently and maintain focus and professionalism in high pressure environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work successfully with various organizational levels, including colleagues, senior executives, and external partners.
- Deep interest in Canada's AI ecosystem and knowledge economy.
- Ability to create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established visual identity guidelines.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Tolu Onajin, Human Resources Business Partner, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin September 14, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.