The Vector Institute is seeking a Program Coordinator, Talent Initiatives to join our growing team in Toronto. Reporting to the Director, Academic Partnerships, the Program Coordinator, Talent Initiatives is a key contributor to the team’s targeted initiatives to develop future generations of top AI talent. In this dynamic role, you will perform administrative and business functions to support the Academic Partnerships team members and programs.
Contract (12 months)
- Administer the daily operations behind the Vector Digital Talent Hub, including approving candidate profiles, posting curated roles, removing expired roles, etc.
- Support the maintenance, cleaning, and analysis of data relating to the Talent Hub (Gsheets), alumni employment outcomes (SQL), recruitment contact data (Gsheets and Salesforce) and other AI-talent related data applying sound data analysis techniques while gleaning and presenting key insights from the data.
- Assist with outgoing talent-related communications to affiliated employers, including executing MailMerge campaigns, creating relevant slide presentations and managing correspondence to talent-related inbox.
- Track alumni outcome data to measure workforce attachment to Ontario, manipulating large amounts of data from different sources and using strong data visualization skills (Google Data Studio) to share the results.
- Assist with the creation of resume books showcasing Vector Talent.
- Assist in the coordination of recruitment-oriented internal and external-facing events, with sponsors and other stakeholder organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You are passionate about growing Canada’s global leadership in AI research.
- You are highly organized, with strong time management and multi-tasking skills and are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment with different stakeholders, including professional staff, students and alumni, as well as academics.
- You are action oriented and have a demonstrated ability to take direction and turn it into actionable results.
- You are creative and enjoy collaborating within a small entrepreneurial environment that is results-driven.
- You possess a positive attitude, integrity, a sense of humour, are tactful, and bring positive energy and outlook to a not-for-profit corporate culture.
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You possess a high level of proficiency with GSuite or the Microsoft Suite of applications, Excel or Gsheets in particular (with an emphasis on data manipulation and visualization skills).
- Having proficiency with the following applications is a plus: relational databases (e.g., MS Access, SQL) and data visualization software (e.g., Google Data Studio, Power BI).
- You have a keen eye for detail, design and data presentation (e.g., charts and graphs).
- You understand how to turn data into insight and can produce basic statistics.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Tolu Onajin, Human Resources Business Partner, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin August 27, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.