As a Vector Applied Machine Learning Specialist, you will contribute to developing reusable software to apply and scale research breakthroughs in machine learning and AI. You will collaborate with some of the best and brightest AI developers and machine learning researchers and will work with leading industry sponsors and healthcare institutions to apply AI.
- Work on AI software development projects following an agile methodology with teams that can include Vector AI software developers, professional staff, researchers, and industry sponsors;
- Design and develop reference applications and model templates that apply AI research to real-world problems using public and private data sets, providing software for training, testing, operating, and updating models;
- Design and develop open source software for applying AI research techniques to common problems;
- Mentor industry sponsors on industry projects that apply AI research to shared problems, mentoring on engineering best practices, and assisting with operational issues;
- Mentor researchers on software engineering best practices;
- Develop prototypes and proofs of concept; and,
- Report and present on software development including status and results.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or related discipline; MSc/MEng preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industry; experience across industries considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning and/or statistics
- Demonstrated software engineering background with experience in production deployment
- Demonstrated data engineering background working with messy real-world data
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify signal in data and feasibility of prediction
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python and preferably C/C++ and C#
- Experience with parameter and architecture tuning of deep learning algorithms is preferred
- Experience in leading open source deep learning software frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, and CUDA)
- User interaction/design expertise with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) engineering considered an asset
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Business Partner, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin on August 19, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
At the Vector Institute we are committed to driving excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of AI to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians. We strive for greater inclusion in the programs and culture that we build by welcoming and encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. This includes but is not limited to applicants who are indigenous, LGBT2Q+, racialized persons/visible minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.