Reporting initially to the Chief Operations Officer the Manager, Marketing & Analytics will oversee all of Vector’s marketing activities. The role will be responsible for developing and executing Vector’s marketing strategy and plan, using analytics and a results-driven approach to grow the Vector brand and achieve long-term strategic objectives.
As an innovative and agile leader, you will identify opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness and work across teams to develop and implement marketing strategies and tactics in support of the Vector Institute’s enterprise-wide goals as well as specific goals related to stakeholder and industry sponsor account management, business development, professional development program offerings, and AI talent retention and recruitment.
- Working with the senior leadership team, develop, implement, and lead Vector’s annual marketing strategy and operational plans;
- Lead and conduct a comprehensive annual review of marketing needs, to inform the annual marketing plan;
- Using performance and growth marketing principles, establish and lead the development of processes, data collection, metrics, analytics and actionable insights to continuously improve the effectiveness of Vector marketing initiatives;
- In collaboration with internal program leads and workstreams, develop, execute, and optimize project-specific marketing plans, including capturing data to measure and evaluate outcomes for continuous improvement;
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and gather stakeholder insights, present recommendations, and coordinate effective action plans to help Vector’s teams improve their offerings, positioning, and value propositions;
- Map and track Vector’s participant/customer journeys and develop content strategies to maximize conversion rates for Vector’s diverse programs;
- Develop and implement strategies to amplify the impact of Vector’s communications and engagement activities, ensuring they meet measurable marketing objectives;
- Develop briefs and scopes of work to derive maximum value from external agency resources;
- Develop key messages and value propositions as new segments, initiatives, and offerings emerge;
- Champion and steward the Vector Institute brand ensuring high quality and consistent messaging and branding across all channels and materials for all audiences (e.g., pitches, sales material, website, social media, press releases, video and photo galleries, client-specific materials, etc.);
- Collaborate strategically with leading organizations in Canada’s AI ecosystem (e.g., industry sponsors, universities, government investment offices) to reach target audiences and strengthen partnerships; and,
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Progress towards Vector’s strategic objectives (i.e., as they relate to Industry Innovation, Research Operations, Health, Academic Partnerships, AI Engineering) is enhanced by the development and implementation of marketing strategies;
- Measurable increases in brand awareness, consideration, and program participation across all key segments (i.e., sponsors, talent/alumni, government);
- Measurable increase in reach and frequency of communication to target segments (e.g., via growth in email marketing lists);
- Increased frequency of success and impact stories, testimonials, and value proposition reaching and resonating with target audiences including executive decision-makers;
- Increase in co-branded content shared on partner channels; and,
- Internal feedback indicates that the marketing function provides high-quality service and support.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of marketing management experience in B2C and/or B2B marketing, brand management, digital and performance marketing.
- Proven experience driving business results (e.g., customer acquisition, revenue growth) and generating brand awareness, consideration, and leads.
- Previous experience managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Experience developing plans, building processes, and using analytics to execute successful marketing strategies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; experience working in a startup environment is considered an asset.
- Experience managing digital marketing in compliance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation.
- Strong communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Strong critical and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work independently on several projects concurrently and maintain focus and professionalism in high pressure environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work successfully with various organizational levels, including colleagues, senior executives, and external partners.
- Deep interest and understanding of Canada’s innovation and knowledge economy.
- Ability to create visually compelling and professional documents, in alignment with established visual identity guidelines.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Generalist, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2021 and applications will be accepted for as long as the posting is live. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.