As a Vector Senior AI Software Developer, you will provide technical leadership and contribute to developing and integrating reusable software to apply and scale research breakthroughs in machine learning and AI. You will collaborate with some of the best and brightest machine learning and AI researchers and provide guidance to AI Software Developers and data scientists and researchers at industry sponsors and healthcare institutions to apply AI.
- Provide technical leadership for applied research projects and AI/ML software development and integration projects following an agile methodology with teams that can include Vector AI developers, professional staff, researchers, industry sponsors and healthcare partners;
- Design and lead development of reference applications and model templates that apply AI research to real-world problems using public and private data sets, providing software for training, testing, operating, and updating models;
- Design and lead development of open source software for applying AI research techniques to common problems;
- Mentor industry sponsors and healthcare partners on industry projects that apply AI research to shared problems, mentoring on engineering best practices, and assisting with operational issues;
- Mentor researchers and AI software developers on software engineering and data science best practices;
- Lead the development of prototypes and proofs of concept;
- Report and present on software development including status and results; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, or related discipline; MSc/MEng preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in industry applying machine learning for data science or technology product development or equivalent; experience across industries considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience as a technical lead for teams applying machine learning.
- Demonstrated experience in applying machine learning to problems deployed in production.
- Demonstrated experience in working closely with software engineers, data scientists and operations staff.
- Demonstrated experience developing software that is deployed in production.
- Demonstrated experience in data engineering working with messy real-world data.
- Demonstrated experience in operational considerations for deployment of deep learning.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify signal in data and feasibility of prediction.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Python.
- Experience in popular open source deep learning software frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, and CUDA).
- Experience with parameter and architecture tuning of deep learning algorithms.
- User interaction/design expertise with Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) engineering considered an asset.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, HR Generalist, using the link provided. The deadline for submission is January 10, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
Please note that all interviews are currently being held remotely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.