Reporting to the Director Applied AI Projects, Industry Innovation, the Project Manager will act as an interface between external industry sponsors and internal Vector research activities and ensure the coordination and delivery of Vector industry projects that meet the direct needs of industry sponsors ranging from large enterprises to small startups.
This role is responsible for the ideation and articulation of new projects, as well as all project management functions including monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress, coordinating the development discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Engage with industry sponsors to propose AI projects based on specific technical themes, recruit and coordinate project participants, and develop project plans and other required project documentation;
- Work closely with project participants to define project milestones, success measures, risks and mitigation measures;
- Develop use cases and pilot projects in collaboration with industry sponsors and facilitate the development of new algorithms and methodologies;
- Capture project success stories that can be used for public relations;
- Prepare reporting as required for industry sponsors, Vector’s senior staff & its Board of Directors; and,
- Provide support and insight on industry sponsors to the Industry Innovation team.
KEY SUCCESS MEASURES
- Vector achieves its goals for its industry sponsor relationships.
- Industry sponsorship growth and retention goals are met.
- Industry sponsor feedback via informal and formal feedback mechanisms validates that Vector is providing appropriate services and support through effective working relationships.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Holds, at minimum, a university degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field; PMP or PMI certification preferred.
- Experience leading medium-large size projects for a period of five or more years, with consulting or financial industry background preferred.
- Adept at building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams, prioritizing conflicting needs, managing limited resources, handling matters expeditiously, and following through on tasks to successful completion.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written English communication skills; are effective in presenting to a diverse set of stakeholders from the business and technology ecosystem.
- Brings a positive attitude and energy, integrity, a sense of humour, and outlook to a corporate culture, and are motivated by continuous learning and the desire to make a difference and a real contribution to AI.
Please address applications (cover letter and resume) to Kailyn Burke, Human Resources Generalist, using the link provided. Review of applications will begin October 28, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in this exciting opportunity and will be in touch with those whose qualifications most closely match with our needs.
The Vector Institute is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons/visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further, we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusivity and accessibility. If you require an accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily work with you to meet your needs.